I shamelessly borrowed this recipe off Caroline. It’s super tasty and good for winter, if stew meat is cheap!
- 500g beef stew/casserole steak
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can thick tomato soup
- 1+ tsp of paprika
- misc vegetables, e.g.: carrot, capsicum
- (optional) 6-10 washed potatoes
- Cook steak in a large pan with the oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots, capsicum etc.
- Add the soup, tomatoes, paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 30-60 minutes (the longer you leave it simmering, the more tender it will become!).
- Serve with optional boiled potatoes.