I get the following exception when trying to start SSL on Tomcat5
SEVERE: Exception trying to load keystore /usr/share/tomcat5/.keystore java.security.KeyStoreException: JKS at java.security.KeyStore.getInstance(libgcj.so.7rh) ... SEVERE: Error starting endpoint java.io.IOException: Exception trying to load keystore /usr/share/tomcat5/.keystore: JKS ... SEVERE: Catalina.start: LifecycleException: service.getName(): "Catalina"; Protocol handler start failed: java.io.IOException: Exception trying to load keystore /usr/share/tomcat5/.keystore: JKS ...
- Use keytool to generate a SSL certificate at /usr/share/tomcat5/.keystore. more information
- Switch JVMs from the GNU JVM to the real Sun JVM. source, how to
- Edit /etc/tomcat5/tomcat5.conf to point to the new JVM:
# you could also override JAVA_HOME here # Where your java installation lives # JAVA_HOME="/usr/lib/jvm/java" JAVA_HOME="/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_06/jre/"
Setting the Tomcat Proxy
If you have a web application that needs to go through a Proxy but hasn’t been set manually in the code, you can add it to Java’s startup command line switches:
- Open the Tomcat service manager in the toolbar, and select Configure…
- Select the Java tab
- Add the following lines to your Java Options: