I just bought a Nokia 2730 Mobile Phone. Here are some various notes.
Things I Enjoy about my Nokia 2730
- It works with Google Sync!
- Google Sync!!
- It shows images of your contacts (from Google Sync) when a phone or message comes through.
- It has an e-mail client that interacts with any e-mail provider, including Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, or a custom POP or IMAP
- To do a smiley of :) or :(, you can type ‘..’
- To select a symbol, you just have to press ‘*’ once
- Applications can be downloaded and moved anywhere
- Applications can be loaded onto the memory card outside of the phone
- It directly supports firmware updates (although none have been released yet)
- Downloading and uploading files have been unified across all interfaces
- When moving files, you can create a new folder in the same window
- It supports limited multitasking (I think two applications can run at the same time?)
- It has an inbuilt radio that finds stations automatically, and the radio can be put on loudspeaker
- It has a 1600x1200 camera (though the picture quality is fairly average)
- Photos can be taken in portrait or landscape mode
- It can directly upload to the web, or (through some configuration) through Flickr
- Images can be selected and saved directly from a web page
- Contact details can be selected and saved from a web page
- When writing a text message, contact details can be selectively inserted without the message becoming a multimedia one (stupid Samsung phone!)
- You can save MMS message content directly as text files and/or images
- It has a counter for the bandwidth you’ve used, the airtime you’ve used, even the number of messages (and number of parts) that you’ve used
- It supports Opera Mini, which is awesome
- When composing a message, you can just enter in the first few characters of the recipient’s name, and you will search
- You can add multiple recipients to a message by “marking” them individually
- When adding many contacts to a message with multiple details, you will be prompted to select the desired detail for each
- When a text message has an e-mail address added, it will become a multimedia message; but as soon as the e-mail address is removed, it reverts back to a text message <3
Things I Don’t Enjoy
- You cannot add additional main menu icons (I think)
Navigation shortcut keys can't be set to downloaded applications
Navigation keys can be set to downloaded applications; just go through Applications List