From now on I'm displaying this warning message across the top of all of my sites, if you are using Internet Explorer. You can turn it off using the "Turn bar off" link if it gets in your way, but otherwise, you really should upgrade to a better browser. If you're using Windows, I suggest Firefox.
Why? Well, here are some facts:
- Internet Explorer users are 21 times more likely to get spyware.
- Internet Explorer supports inherently unsafe ActiveX objects, which can totally corrupt your computer.
- Security patches for Internet Explorer can take months to get to your vunerable machine.
- It's truly horrible to design websites for.
- Firefox is much, much better.
- It takes five minutes to change from Internet Explorer to Firefox - read how.
- If you've ever been infected by spyware, removing Internet Explorer is the first step to recovery.
- Internet Explorer can't display most websites properly.
It's really easy to switch to another browser. Simply download Firefox.
Thank you for switching. If even half the people in the world changed, it would be a significant step towards world peace! (And developer sanity!)
If you have any ideas or comments on my technique of coercing people to install a different browser, please don't hesistate to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.