Revision History: Bower
This is revision 481 of the page Bower, as it appeared on Mon, 24 Mar 2014 16:59:36 -0700.Bower is a package manager, similar to npm, but seems to be more about client side stuff.
Registering and publishing a package on bower
This is particularly complicated if you are trying to fork an existing repository into a new Bower package.
- Create your Github repository.
- Run bower register
- Bower uses Git tags to register new versions, so you need to create a new tag in order to correctly register the component.
- Run git tag -a v3.0.1 and then git push --tags to create and push the tags to Github.
- You can now run bower info
to see the current version and tags available.
- Or install it with bower install --save-dev
in another project.