Revision History: Git
This is revision 334 of the page Git, as it appeared on Thu, 23 Jan 2014 14:10:35 -0800.
- Checkout into a non-empty directory; you have to checkout into a temporary directory, move the .git folder into the non-empty directory, and run a git reset --hard
- Add an empty folder. Merge branch back in:
- git checkout master - switch back to master and update local copy to master
- git pull origin master - update local Git from remote Git
- git merge (new-branch-name) - do the merge from the given branch (I don't know what happens with conflicts!)
- git push origin master - push local Git to remote Git